DATA PRIVACY STATEMENT
Conference of the Electricity Power Supply Industry 2021
For Current, Past, and Prospective AESIEAP Members and Guests
We, at the Association of the Electricity Supply Industry of East Asia and the Western Pacific (“AESIEAP”), value your privacy.
AESIEAP is committed to protecting your personal information from collection to disposal. This privacy statement adopts the principles under Philippine Republic Act No. 10173, otherwise known as the Philippine Data Privacy Act of 2012 (DPA). Although the protection afforded by the DPA is for the personal data collected from citizens and residents of the Philippines, we acknowledge that the principles of transparency, legitimate purpose, proportionality, data quality and data security may be applied to the personal information that AESIEAP shall collect from residents of foreign jurisdictions and may complement their data privacy rights from their respective countries.
This privacy statement covers what personal information will be collected, for what purpose these personal information will be used, to whom the personal information will be shared or transferred, how the personal information will be stored and disposed while in our custody, your rights as a data subject, and how to get in touch with the AESIEAP Secretariat to exercise these rights. Finally, this privacy statement sets forth AESIEAP’s data protection practices, which are designed to uphold the privacy of the individuals involved and inform them about their rights under the DPA.
AESIEAP provides below a Privacy Notice for the Conference of the Electricity Power Supply Industry (CEPSI), to be held on November 4, 11, 18, and 25, 2021 with a 53-day access to the Virtual Platform from November 3 to December 25, 2021, which may be amended at any time, of which you will be notified via AESIEAP’s website or by individual e-mail.
CEPSI 2021 PRIVACY NOTICE
AESIEAP collects your personal information when you express your intent to join the events and activities for CEPSI 2021 as a delegate, technical paper presenter or a sponsor, when we request for your presence as a guest or speaker for CEPSI 2021, or when you join our organization as a member. These information refer to those you voluntarily provide for the legitimate purposes we declare to you at point of collection.
For your Membership, AESIEAP shall collect:
- Information you provide to us when you submit your membership , specifically your full name, position title, contact numbers, email address, company name, and company address.
- Information you provide us to update the 2021 AESIEAP Membership Directory, specifically your full name, position title, contact numbers, email address, company name, and company address.
For CEPSI 2021, AESIEAP shall collect:
- Information you provide to use when you register for CEPSI 2021, specifically your full name, position title, contact numbers, email address, country, company name, company address, interests, among others.
- Information you provide to us when you submit your Technical Papers and Virtual Technical Presentations, specifically your full name, position title, area of expertise, contact numbers, email address, country, accounts connected to messaging applications, company name, and company address.
- Information you provide to us when we invite you as our sponsor, guest, or speaker, specifically your full name, position title, contact numbers, email address, country, company name, company address, and accounts connected to messaging applications.
For CEPSI 2021, AESIEAP shall only use the personal information described above for the following purposes:
- Establish your identity as a participant in any of the events and activities within CEPSI;
- Contact you for event updates, meeting invitations, and other reminders and instructions;
- Contact you for updates on your technical paper submission;
- Review the event turnout for CEPSI 2021;
- Invite you to respond to CEPSI-related surveys; and
- Invite you to future AESIEAP events.
For AESIEAP Membership, AESIEAP shall only use the personal information described above for the following purposes:
- Process your membership application;
- Update the 2021 AESIEAP Membership Directory; and
- Invite you to AESIEAP meetings and events; and, communicate AESIEAP-related matters.
AESIEAP shall only disclose the personal information collected from you to authorized recipients within our organization and to entities whom we have engaged for CEPSI 2021. We will not share or disclose your personal data to other third parties without your consent unless required by law. ‘Authorized recipients’, for purposes of CEPSI 2021, shall be understood as follows:
- AESIEAP PH Coalition as the organizers of CEPSI 2021;
- Members of the AESIEAP organization;
- People’s Republic of China as 2022-2023 AESIEAP Host; and
- CEPSI 2021 Delegates and Sponsors, only with your prior consent as indicated in the Registration Form.
Unless you provide specific consent in any of our forms for CEPSI 2021 or except in instances allowed under the DPA, AESIEAP will not:
- Share your personal data with our business partners and other third parties for their own commercial purpose or benefit; and
- Use your personal data to enable third-party targeted advertisements that are not related to AESIEAP operations or CEPSI 2021.
In case we will be required by law to disclose your personal information, which also might involve cross-border transfer, we shall ensure the safe and secure transmission of your personal information through appropriate Data Sharing Agreements and commit to give you prior notice to any such transfer and regulatory processing of your personal information.
AESIEAP implements adequate organizational, physical, and technical security measures in handling your personal information.
We keep the physical documents containing your personal information in a secure location and destroy them through shredding when no longer needed.
We store the electronic documents containing your personal information in a well-maintained digital repository and take reasonable steps to de-identify the information when no longer needed.
We have informed all of our business partners and service providers for CEPSI 2021 prior to the conduct of our various events and activities.
Most importantly, considering the recent shift of CEPSI 2021 from a face-to-face event to a digital convention, we have subjected the CEPSI 2021 web platforms to cybersecurity reviews, information technology consultations, and data privacy due diligence to ensure the creation of a safe online environment for all participants.
RETENTION AND DISPOSAL
AESIEAP keeps your personal information only for as long as necessary. We only maintain the personal information we collected from you until we have fulfilled the Legitimate Purposes that we have indicated above. When your personal information are no longer needed for these purposes, we take reasonable steps to securely destroy such information or permanently de-identify it as mentioned in the preceding section.
You have the right to request for a copy of your personal information in our possession, update your records with us, delete your personal information, and any other data subject rights discussed under Chapter IV of the DPA.
If you have any clarification or concern on how we process your data, you may contact the AESIEAP Secretariat, who acts as Data Privacy Officer for CEPSI 2021, through email at email@example.com.